YAMAL LNG is an integrated project encompassing natural gas production, liquefaction and shipping using the South Tambey Field as a resource base location of the Yamal Peninsula. The Project consists of construction of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant with an output capacity of around 16.5 million tons per year using the South Tambey Field as a resource base. The LNG Plant will be built in three phases which are scheduled for start-up in 2017, 2018, and 2019, respectively. The Project will be producing 16.5 MTPA of LNG and up to 1.2 MTPA of gas condensate which will be shipped to Asia-Pacific and European markets. Extensive transportation infrastructure is being built in the scope of the Project, including a sea port and the Sabetta Airport.
MAIN FEATURES OF FACILITY:
The fact that the structure will be constructed and operated at low temperatures with an artificial climate was taken into consideration during designing of reinforced concrete structures. To increase the bending length of piles in frozen soils, the unique solution is applied. Alteration of material properties both at high and low temperatures was taken into account during analysis of special loads. Foundations under conditions of formation of multiannual permafrost rocks (permanently frozen soils) The foundation is designed in the form of a pile field with a high raft foundation of the thickness of 1m (948 piles -driven cast-in-situ steel pipes 530/20). Application of soils thermostabilization system.
The structure is designed for action of the following special loads:
- explosion at a nearby tank
- product leakage from the inner tank, followed by cryogenic action on reinforced concrete shell
- fire at a nearby tank
Design of foundations was carried out with scientific support of Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures named after N.M. Gersevanov (NIIOSP), leading research institute in this sphere.
- Displacement volume – 160 000m³ of LNG
- Operating temperature is minus 163°C
- Diameter – 82 m
VINCI CONSTRUCTION GRANDS PROJETS
- Design documentation
- Working drawings (Detail design)
- Full scope of FEM and structural calculations
- Technical consulting
- Calculations and design of foundations with consideration for thermostabilization system
- Development of a program of testing the real piles with subsequent interpretation of the results in order to obtain basic data for analysis on limit states group I and II.
from 2013 until the present day